Our family has a long history in the farm equipment industry dating back to the 1950’s. It all started in the small town of Silverton, TX in 1955. Ray Thompson and wife Mildred opened the local John Deere dealership. Ray passed away in 1967, leaving Don Cornett (Ray’s son-in-law) to take over. Don owned and operated the store from 1967-1983, at which time he sold the dealership and moved to Dimmitt, TX. There he became the General Manager for J&H Equipment. His son, Tad Cornett, joined him in 1991 as a salesman. They acquired the John Deere dealership in Friona, TX and Tad was promoted to the store manager from 1994 until 1997 when the dealership was sold to another party. Don and sons, left the dealership to start Cornett Equipment. In 1999, Tad took sole ownership of Cornett Equipment and has been involved in the wholesale and retail business since. In December of 2012, Tad’s son Tyler Cornett graduated from Texas Tech University and joined the family business. We have been very blessed to serve the farming communities across the U.S. for over 50 years.